The COVID-19 Community Quick Response Grant invites applications from our local service providers to deliver projects that will support community members affected by the pandemic, particularly our most vulnerable.
The grant program is now open and will close 4.00 pm on Wednesday 16 September.
Grant Program Objectives:
The City of Port Phillip COVID-19 Community Quick Response Grants Program aims to:
- Support service providers to develop and provide immediate solutions that remove digital barriers for socially isolated community members.
- Build the capacity of local community organisations to deliver programs that support social connections and community resilience, in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be eligible for a COVID-19 Community Quick Response Grant the applicant must:
- Be deemed to be non-profit as classified by the Australian Taxation Office (section 103A(2) (c) of the income Tax Assessment Act 1936 or
- Be a ‘Not-for-Profit’ community group, organisation or club that is incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act or
- Supported by an Auspice Incorporated Association that meets the same requirements https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2013C00040.
- Provide an ABN or an Auspice Organisation ABN.
- Have their own Public Liability Insurance or an Auspice Organisation Public Liability Insurance with a minimum of $20 Million.
- Have complied with all terms and conditions including the submission of a satisfactory acquittal report for all previous City of Port Phillip Grants.
- Be located within, or offer projects within, the City of Port Phillip municipality.
How to apply
Step 1: Read the COVID-19 Community Quick Response Grant Guidelines (PDF), accessible word version here.
Step 2: Apply online via SmartyGrants. If you are a new user, you will need to register an account when starting your first application. If you need help using the application form, download the Help Guide for Applicants or check the Applicant Frequently Asked Questions.
For general queries about the guidelines, deadlines or questions about the application form, please contact the Community Grants and Funding Officer:
Phone: 03 9209 6162