Renew Fitzroy Street
Small businesses have opened the doors to their first shop fronts under the Renew Fitzroy Street initiative.
Council is excited to partner with Fitzroy Street Business Association (FSBA) and Renew Australia to deliver Renew Fitzroy Street.
Through this forward-thinking program, several landlords donate their vacant shops to up-and-coming traders, with rolling 30-day rent-free licences negotiated by Renew Australia, giving the temporary traders time to test the market without committing to a lengthy commercial lease agreement.
Visit the stores on Fitzroy Street
Visit the range of creators and makers in their shops at 63 Fitzroy Street:
- Pasteup (homewares and accessories made by local street artists) - Shop 1
- Mike Stretch Finds (Australian streetwear) - Shop 2
- Rus Kitchin (visual artist) - Shop 4
- Farm Goat SUDS Soap - Shop 6 (goat milk soaps)
- New business coming soon - Shop 7
Further shops on Fitzroy Street include:
- Hustle with Ease - 7 Fitzroy Street
- Home is Where the Art is by Enchanted Movement (community hub with flow arts and lifestyle workshops) - 1A/60 Fitzroy Street
- Domestic Fantasies at The George (stylish homewares and lighting) - 129 Fitzroy Street