- Fully fenced playground
- Shade sails over playground in the western section
- Large shade umbrellas in eastern section
- Bike hoops
- Reclining seats
- A public toilet and kiosk are available at the South Melbourne Life Saving Club, approximately 100 meters or 5 minutes walk West along Beaconsfield Parade
Plum Garland Memorial Playground is located on Beaconsfield Parade Albert Park and is opposite the intersection of Victoria Avenue and Beaconsfield Parade. It can alternatively be accessed from the Albert Park foreshore. The playground is fully fenced.
Take the number 1 tram (East Coburg to South Melbourne Beach) along Victoria street and get off at the terminus at the corner of Victoria Street and Beaconsfield Parade.
Paid and restricted parking is available along both sides of Beaconsfield parade. Paid parking restrictions apply between 8 am and 6 pm.
Check local signage for more information or call ASSIST 03 9209 6777.
A separated bike and pedestrian path directly passes the playground, the bike path is part of the greater Bay Trail network.
Download the Travel Smart Map of Port Phillip (PDF 2.5 MB).
The play space has a range of equipment and facilities to cater for different age ranges, abilities and interests with a focus on nature based play activities. The playground features abundant indigenous vegetation and sand pits reflecting the coastal setting with magnificent views across Port Phillip Bay.
- Multi level structure set into a sandpit for hauling sand with a scoop
- A digger in a large sandpit
- Water play area for pumping water into a tank
- A rope climbing frame
- Dual swing set for bigger kids
- Junior swing with harness for toddlers
- A large all abilities bird nest swing
- A boat structure with curved slide
- Two small junior slides set into a sandpit
- Large tunnel
- Spinning carousel for groups of kids
- Small grassy lawn area
- A picnic and social relaxation area with a table and chair seats under large market style umbrellas
- Bench seating is located throughout the playground with good visibility for supervision.
Dogs are not permitted within 5 meters of the playground, penalties apply.