- Two football or cricket ovals
- A baseball diamond
- One full size and one half size soccer field
- A soccer, football, cricket and baseball pavilion
- 'Dig In' Community Garden
- Open grassy recreation areas
- Onsite depot for storage and recycling water
JL Murphy Reserve is a 12ha park, the largest Council controlled park in the City of Port Phillip. The reserve is predominantly used for active sport though it is also used for a broad range of informal recreation activities.
JL Murphy Reserve is boarded by Williamstown Rd, Graham Street, and Plummer Streets in Port Melbourne and can be accessed from each street frontage.
Google Maps JL Murphy Reserve
Bus routes 232, 235, 238 and 606 pass JL Murphy Reserve along Williamstown Road.
Free parking is available around the perimeter of the reserve, check local signage for specific parking restrictions or call ASSIST on 03 9209 6821.
Download the Travel Smart Map of Port Phillip (PDF 2.5 MB).
Clubs based at JL Murphy Reserve
- Community based clubs located at Murphy reserve include:
- Dig In Community Garden
- Port Melbourne Soccer Club
- Port Melbourne Colts Football Club
- Port Melbourne Cricket Club
- Port Melbourne Baseball Club
- MCCX Cricket Club
Dogs are permitted to be off leash throughout the reserve, though no dogs are permitted with 5 metres of the playground and picnic areas, penalties apply.
Parking restrictions may apply in the surrounding roads and streets, please check the parking signs for full details or call ASSIST on 03 9209 6777 for specific parking information.