Due to the evolving COVID-19 situation in Victoria, Council will be following the directions from the Victorian and Australian Governments and Health Department.
All eased restrictions and the proposed dates are subject to the advice of Victoria's Chief Health Officer and the continued and effective management of the spread of COVID-19.
Please visit COVID-19 Council events, services and facilities updates for more information and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) website for the latest advice on Victoria's restriction levels and daily updates on COVID-19.
How to apply for a permit
- Contact Event Services to check availability and suitability
- Complete an application form
- Provide a copy of current Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance, minimum of $20M
- Provide a site plan
- Provide a risk management plan and COVID-19 Safe Plan
- Once the application has been assessed, an invoice will be issued
- Pay the permit fee
- Upon payment, the permit will be issued
After assessment of your application an Event Manager will advise if any supporting documentation, in addition to what is listed above, will be required.
Application form and guidelines
A card payment fee applies. For current fee details, please visit Card Fees.
Contact Event Services
Phone: 03 9209 6320
Post: Event Services, City of Port Phillip, Private Bag 3 St Kilda, Victoria, Australia 3182