An Event Manager is assigned to every outdoor community event held in our City's public open spaces. They will be the main contact for all your questions and will be available to help you through the process.
Phone: 03 9209 6326
Using the checklist
- Items with a checkbox will require a submission to Council to gain a permit.
- Helpsheets are available for key processes.
- Other items can be used as prompts for your planning.
- Event Advisers are available to assist you through the process.
To apply you will need to:
- submit an event application form (DOCX 135 KB)
- submit a draft site plan
- have an initial conversation or meeting with the Event Manager.
Once your concept is approved, you will receive a provisional approval email from Council. This email will include the additional information you are required to submit in order to gain a permit.
As part of the permit process, you will need to supply a:
Developing your event
The items you should consider when planning your event are as follows - speak to your Event Manager if you would like further information:
Site set up
- weighting Structures
- drinking water
- vehicle access
- gas and electrical safety.
Health safety and risk
- Child Safe and Working with Children checks
- COVID-19 Safe Plan in place
- extreme weather, shade and total fire bans
- first aid.
- music licences and noise controls
- official attendance, such as inviting dignitaries.
Pre event planning
- Grants and funding. For Council programs, see funding and support.
- debrief meeting
- the City of Port Phillip Service Survey
- acquittal report (if required for funding).
Check with your event manager if you need to be in contact with any of the following agencies.
|Council Building Services, POPE||03 9209 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Council Health Services, Food Services||03 9209 email@example.com|
|Dial Before You Dig||1100|
|Energy Safe Victoria, gas safety||1800 652 563|
|Fire Rescue Victoria||03 9662 2311|
|Onemusic||1300 162 firstname.lastname@example.org|
events in the Bay
|13 19 email@example.com|
|Public Transport Victoria||1800 800 007|
|Streatrader, food registration|
|VCGLR, liquor licence||1300 182 457|
|VicRoads||03 9854 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Victoria Police||03 9536 2666|
|1300 815 127|
|WorkSafe, safe worksites and fireworks||1800 136 089|
Contact Event Services
Phone: 03 9209 6326 or 03 9209 6320
Post: Event Services, City of Port Phillip, Private Bag 3 St Kilda, Victoria, Australia 3182