Congratulations to all the category winners, commended and shortlisted projects for this year's awards.
The 2020 Design and Development Awards winners are:
Residential dwelling - alteration or new build
Albert Park Curved Pleated Façade - AdeB Architects
- Ferrars Street Education and Community Precinct - Hayball & Tract Consultants
- South Melbourne Life Saving Club - Jackson Clements Burrows
- Jackalope Pavillion - March Studio
Opera Urban Art - ADA Consulting
South Melbourne Life Saving Club - Jackson Clements Burrows
- Albert Park Curved Pleated Façade - AdeB Architects
- Downside Up House - WALA
Across the eight categories, there were 27 projects shortlisted for the 15th Design & Development Awards. Download the Design & Development Awards 2020 Finalists (PDF 30 MB) for full details.
About the awards
Since 1998, The City of Port Phillip Design and Development Awards has encouraged and celebrated design excellence in the City of Port Phillip.
The Awards are free to enter and held in conjunction with the National Gallery of Victoria's Melbourne Design Week.
Many thanks to all entries and shortlisted projects over the years, it is your contribution and enthusiasm that makes programs like this possible, and helps build amazing cities like ours.
- Shelley Penn - Panel Chair
- Monique Woodward - Panel Member
- James Legge - Panel Member
- Mayor Bernadene Voss, Mayor - Panel Member
- Councillor Dick Gross - Panel Member
- Councillor David Brand - Panel Member
The jury panel comprises five to six members including:
- one or two recognised industry professionals, one of which will serve as panel chair
- up to three selected Councillors, to be nominated by Council
- a City of Port Phillip senior internal professional in one of the following fields:
- landscape architecture
- urban design
- strategic planning.
Previous winners and finalists
- Finalists 2018 (PDF 2.4 MB)
- Finalists 2014 (PDF 1.3 MB)
- Finalists 2012 (PDF 1.6 MB)
- Finalists 2010 (PDF 1.5 MB)
- Finalists 2007 (PDF 1.3 MB)
- Finalists 2005 (PDF 0.8 MB)
If you have any question, would like more information or to provide feedback, please contact us:
Phone: 03 9209 6243