Local Festivals Fund - Recovery grants 2020-21 Round 2
The Local Festivals Fund - Recovery grants 2020/21 aim to encourage and assist Not-For-Profit organisations and community groups to develop small to medium scale local neighbourhood festivals or events during Covid-19 recovery to celebrate the City’s community spirit, identity, arts and culture.
Application opening and closing dates
Applications open Wednesday 10 March and close Wednesday 7 April 2021 at 4 pm.
The fund has a maximum of up to $10,000 available per project. Funding provided in the current financial year does not assure that funding will be available in future years. This fund is intended for seed and development funding and applicants are encouraged to seek out other sources of sponsorship to complement the support of council.
Local Not-For-Profit organisations and community groups proposing an event will need to consider Victorian Government regulations and advice regarding COVID safe events. Information that will assist you to develop a COVID Safe Plan for your event can be found in the Local Festival Fund - Recovery 2020-21 guidelines-and-criteria.
The City of Port Phillip Local Festivals Fund Recovery Grants 2020-21 Round 1 are now closed.
Council received applications to Local Festivals Fund Recovery Grants 2020-21.
A total of $66,100 has been awarded to 7 projects.
About the Local Festivals Fund
It is Council’s intention to support groups that manage and stage their own festivals both via funding through the Local Festivals Fund and by encouraging applicants to seek out other sources of sponsorship to compliment the support of council.
Community event organisers can apply for funds for logistics and infrastructure associated with community festivals. An amount of up to $10,000 is available per project
How to apply
For Recovery grants applicants, please read the Local Festivals Fund - Recovery grants 2020-21-guidelines and criteria carefully prior to applying:
- LFF Recovery Grants guidelines and criteria (PDF 139KB)
- LFF Recovery Grants guidelines and criteria (DOCX 99 KB
To find out how to log in and set up a password, read the Smartygrants applicant help guide (PDF 2.3 MB).
For general tips for the online submission process, please refer to the LFF guidelines and criteria (DOC 99KB).
Council is committed to fostering equitable participation in events, programs and activities in our community. The Accessibility and Disability Inclusion Fact Sheet for Arts Grants Applicants contains resources you can explore when applying for a grant to help include the people with disability when organising, planning and budgeting for your event or program of activities:
Project activity and acquittal reporting dates
It is a condition of the grant that an acquittal report be submitted within eight weeks of the date of the festival or event. The guidelines for reporting are detailed in the applicant funding agreement.
All projects for LFF - Recovery grants 2020-21 are to be completed by 31 December 2021.
For more information
If you would like more information about the Fund, please contact our Arts Administrator on phone: (03) 9209 6217.
We strongly advise you to discuss your project idea with the Arts Administrator before completing an application.
Local Festivals Fund Recipients2019-20
- Planetary Healing Artists Association of Australia - St Kilda Peace Pageant
- Acland Street Village Business Association - 5th Annual Father's Day Classic Car Show
- Phillip Adams Ballet Lab - Paradise, Melbourne Fringe 2018
- Theatre Works - Melbourne Festival
- Multicultural Arts Victoria - Piers Festival 2018
- Melbourne Shakespeare Company Inc. - Plays in the Park
- Port Melbourne Business Association - Port Melbourne's Annual Music and Choirs Community Christmas Festival
- Lakeside Community Events Inc. - Lakeside Carols
- 4Diverse - St Kilda Latin Festival
- Elwood Neighbourhood Learning Centre Open Day
Previous Local Festivals Fund Recipients include:
- St Kilda Art Community - St Kilda Art Crawl
- Shir Madness Melbourne Jewish Music Festival
- Port Melbourne Annual Christmas Community Street Festival
- Solstice Global Healing Day
- St Kilda Baptist Summer Market Festival
- Christ Church St Kilda Illuminated
- Port Melbourne Community Carnival
- Get Striped for Acceptance and Respect
- ABRISA Sambe Cine Club
- Get Striped for Acceptance and Respect