2020/21 Cultural Development Fund (CDF) - Projects
Applications to 2020/21 annual CDF - Projects grants have now closed.
To hear about upcoming funding rounds or other arts opportunities and news in Port Phillip subscribe to our monthly e-news.
For further information about the Cultural Development Fund, contact Sharyn Dawson on 03 9209 6165 or email@example.com
What is the CDF?
The CDF is an annual arts and heritage grants round for artists and related organisations in Port Phillip. Applicants to the Fund may apply for up to $12,000 per project.
The CDF seeks to:
- support artists and organisations to develop and realise creative projects in the City of Port Phillip
- support community managed projects
- generate arts and cultural activity
- build cultural identity
- support and celebrate community diversity
- support heritage initiatives.
Who can apply?
- Individual applicants who live or work in the City of Port Phillip and have engaged an auspice organisation for the purpose of applying for and managing a Cultural Development Fund grant. (See eligibility notes in the Guidelines and criteria document below)
- Artists of Boon Wurrung descent are also eligible to apply.
- Unincorporated groups who have engaged an auspice organisation and are based in the City of Port Phillip
- Incorporated arts and related community organisations based in the City of Port Phillip.
See eligibility notes in the Guidelines and criteria document below .For more information, contact the Cultural Development Fund Officer on 03 9209 6165
Guidelines and criteria
Consider discussing your project idea with the Cultural Development Fund officer before submitting an application. Applicants proposing projects in public space should discuss the proposal with the Fund officer well in advance of the submission date.
For further information contact
Sharyn Dawson, Cultural Development Fund Officer on 03 9209 6165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
The City of Port Phillip uses the Smartygrants online application system. Links to the application forms can be found here when a round is open.
Previously funded projects
In 2019 Council received 39 applications to the Fund. A total of $183,555 has been awarded to 19 projects.
Access and support information
For general Council information about the National Relay Service, language translation and Auslan translation services see the Accessibility page. For Metro Access support contact: 03 9209 6777.