Cultural Development Fund - Key Organisations
What is it?
Cultural Development Fund (CDF) - Key Organisations is a City of Port Phillip arts funding initiative developed through the Art and Soul: Creative and Prosperous City Strategy to provide multi-year organisational funding for significant arts and cultural organisations in the City of Port Phillip.
The current funding round is now closed. The funding period for CDF - Key Organisations is currently 3 years.
2019 to 2021 CDF - Key Organisations Funding Recipients
$30,000 per year for 3 years from 1 January 2019 to December 2021 has been granted to six arts and cultural organisations in the City of Port Phillip:
- Australian Tapestry Workshop
- Rawcus Theatre Company
- Red Stitch Actors Theatre
- The Torch
- Phillip Adams BalletLab
- Theatre Works
CDF - Key Organisations funding will:
- Assist key arts and cultural organisations with the capacity to support independent artists and build new audiences, increasing participation among artists and the community
- Increase partnership opportunities for arts organisations through leverage and strengthening financial viability for not-for-profit organisations
- Add value and extend the reach of arts activities and community engagement
- Enable forward planning for arts organisations with multi-year funding, reducing the administrative processes and building organisational capacity
- Increase creative outcomes in the City of Port Phillip.
Who can apply?
Not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations based in the City of Port Phillip that have been a legally constituted body for at least two years and have a formal governance structure.
Please see the guidelines document for detailed eligibility and funding criteria.
Guidelines and criteria
For further information about the Guidelines or to discuss an application contact contact Sharyn Dawson on 03 9209 6165 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
The City of Port Phillip uses the Smartygrants online application system. Links to the application forms can be found here when a round is open.
Other Council funding opportunities and resources
Find information about other City of Port Phillip grants, including Cultural Development Fund annual projects grants via Funds, Grants and Subsidies. To hear about upcoming events and opportunities as part of our Art and Heritage program, subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter.
Access and support information
For general Council information about the National Relay Service, language translation and Auslan services see the Accessibility page. For Metro Access support contact 03 9209 6777.