Bin collection days for business
Council provides commercial properties with bins, regular collections plus a weekly cardboard collection for shopping strips.
Council waste and recycling bins are collected once a week. Put your Council-supplied bin out on the street next to your property before 6 am on collection day or the night before, ensuring it's not overfilled and the lid is closed. Bins should be returned inside your property within 24 hours of collection.
Visit Bins and collections to find out the day waste is collected in your area.
Commercial cardboard collection
Council offers a limited loose cardboard collection free to businesses in major shopping strips. Businesses can put cardboard out for collection once a week on the same day as their regular waste and recycling collection. The requirements for cardboard collection are:
- up to (or under) one cubic metre
- must be neatly stacked and bundled
- placed only at the immediate front or rear of your property on the night prior to collection.
Plastics or general waste outside the bins will not be collected.
Cardboard collection days
|Monday||Bridport Street, Clarendon Street, Victoria Street|
|Wednesday||Brighton Road, Glen Eira Road, Glen Huntly Road, Ormond Road|
|Thursday||Acland Street, Armstrong Street, Barkly Street, Blessington Street, Fitzroy Street|
What goes into my business bins?
- Only office and lunchroom waste is accepted.
- Trade and commercial waste (for example bulk foods and oil) will not be accepted.
- If you require trade or commercial waste services, you'll need to engage a private provider. Providers can be found in the Yellow Pages under 'Waste Reduction and Disposal'.