Parking Policy update
Council endorsed a new Parking Management Policy on 19 February 2020. Most changes will come into effect 1 July 2021 and all changes will be implemented by 1 July 2025.
Applying for a Permit
These permits do not provide coverage unless they are correctly displayed.
Cost: $114 per permit, per year
A replacement fee of $250.00 will be incurred for a Visitor Parking Permit being lost or misplaced.
If the permit has been damaged and is returned to Council, a $23 administration replacement fee will apply.
If the permit is stolen and a Police Report provided, a $23.00 administration replacement fee will apply.
Coverage provided by the Permit
Vehicles displaying a valid visitor permit are:
- authorised to park in a 'Permit Zone'
- exempt from timed restrictions that are 30 minutes or longer, when the vehicle is parked in front of or along the side of a residential property
- exempt from paying the fee in paid parking locations when the vehicle is parked in front of or along the side of a residential property.
Permits do not exempt drivers from Clearways and No Stopping areas. They must not be used for business parking purposes.
Permits are only valid in the above locations if the vehicle is parked in front of or along the side of a residential property*, and:
- the street listed on the permit
- a street that intersects with the street listed on the permit
- a street that is immediately parallel with the street listed on the permit.
Permits are not valid if the vehicle is parked in front of or along the side of a non-residential property, including the following locations:
In front of or adjacent to:
- commercial properties
- retail properties
- industrial properties
- community or public land uses such as parks and community centres
- off-street public car parks
*Council defines a Residential property as being a property that is used 100 per cent for residential purposes.
The following vehicles are not eligible for a Visitors Permit:
- Vehicles over 4.5 tonnes or longer than 7.5 meters
- Trailers, including boating trailers