Following a two year trial of seasonal variations to paid parking in the Fitzroy Street Precinct, Waterfront Place Precinct and at Elwood Beach carpark, Council resolved on 20 November 2019 to continue seasonal variations to hourly parking fees on an ongoing basis.
In the high season a premium hourly parking fee is charged, and in the winter months (April to September) a discounted hourly parking fee is charged. The change reflects the significant differences in parking demands between summer and winter.
For more information about parking fees in Port Phillip, visit Paid Parking and Ticket Machines.
Areas with reduced parking fees during winter months are listed below.
Fitzroy Street precinct
- Fitzroy Street between Acland Street and St Kilda Road
- Park Street and Loch Street between Mary Street and Fitzroy Street
- Park Lane and Canterbury Road between West Beach Road and Fitzroy Street
- West Beach Road between Park Street and Canterbury Road
- Pattison Street between St Kilda Road and Princes Street
Note, Jackson Street off-street carpark remains unpaid with a 3-hour parking limit.
Waterfront Place precinct
Station Pier car park Waterfront Place between Station Pier carpark and to the north-west side of the roundabout.
Elwood Beach carpark.
If you would like to find out more about reduced parking fees during winter months, please contact us.