Using the checklist
- Items with a checkbox will require a submission to Council to gain a permit.
- Helpsheets are available for key processes.
- Other items can be used as prompts for your planning.
- Event Advisers are available to assist you through the process.
To apply you will need to:
- submit an event application form (PDF 135 KB)
- submit a draft site plan
- have an initial conversation or meeting with the Event Manager.
Once your concept is approved, you will receive a provisional approval email from Council. This email will include the additional information you are required to submit in order to gain a permit.
As part of the permit process, you will need to supply a:
Developing your event
The items you should consider when planning your event are as follows - speak to your Event Manager if you would like further information:
Site set up
- Weighting structures
- Drinking water
- Vehicle access
- Gas and electrical safety.
Health safety and risk
- Child Safe and Working with Children checks
- COVID-19 Safe Plan in place
- Extreme weather, shade and total fire bans
- First aid.
- Music licences and noise controls
- Official attendance, such as inviting dignitaries.
Grants and funding. For Council programs, see funding and support.
- Debrief meeting
- The City of Port Phillip Service Survey
- Acquittal report, if required for funding.
Check with your event manager if you need to be in contact with any of the following agencies.
|Council Building Services, POPE||03 9209 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Council Health Services, Food Services||03 9209 email@example.com|
|Dial Before You Dig||1100||None|
|Energy Safe Victoria, gas safety||1800 652 563||None|
|Fire Rescue Victoria||03 9662 2311||None|
|Onemusic||1300 162 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Parks Victoria, events in the Bay
|13 19 email@example.com|
|Public Transport Victoria||1800 800 007||None|
|Streatrader, food registration||None||None|
|VCGLR, liquor licence||1300 182 457||None|
|VicRoads||03 9854 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Victoria Police||03 9536 2666||None|
|1300 815 127||None|
|WorkSafe, safe worksites and fireworks||1800 136 089||None|