About Reho Travel
Acknowledging the difficulty a travel business has in avoiding a negative environmental impact, Reho Travel has looked at all the ways they can reduce their impact as a business, as well as help clients to reduce the impact of their travel.
Here are some of the highlights of their sustainability actions:
- Reho Travel has been carbon neutral since 2018. They offset their emissions by supporting projects such as Seeds for Timor, Cooktops in Uganda, and Forest Regeneration in Tasmania.
- They use 100% renewable energy that has saved 26% off their power bill and reduced their footprint.
- They moved their Sydney office from the CBD to where the majority of their team resides, to improve staff well-being and reduce their footprint.
- They have strict purchasing guidelines. All their merchandise is repurposed, recycling is mandatory and single use plastic, straws and paper coffee cups are banned. No brochures are delivered to their office and their ticket wallets are made of crushed soft drink bottles.
- They developed an app for their study tours which has reduced the need to print 7000 itinerary pages.
- 10% of their profits are donated to charity.
- They are members of ‘1% for the Planet’, a global movement inspiring businesses and individuals to commit to giving 1% of gross sales each year to approved environmental non-profit organizations.
- They are proud founding members of B Corp in Australia and became a B Corp in 2014. B Corps lead a growing global movement of people using business as a force for good.
Owner, Karsten Horne will join us to present at an upcoming Sustainable Business Network breakfast event, giving you the chance to find out more about their sustainability journey.
How to get involved and take action at your business
Not a member of the Sustainable Business Network yet?
Are you ready to make your business more sustainable?