In applying for a permit or renewal of a permit, the applicant must:
- have Public Liability Insurance of $20M and provide Council with a current insurance certificate of currency
- specify the type, design, construction colour or finish of any bin used for the collection of clothing
- provide the time, nature, location and frequency of the proposed collection
- ensure that the bins will be serviced to maintain cleanliness
- ensure a four hour response to untidy locations
- demonstrate that the site:
- is in an appropriate location
- has parking availability in close proximity
- will not result in any loss of parking
- is visible and well lit
- will not likely to cause an obstruction or amenity concerns.
Applications take five business days to assess, provided no further information or changes are required.
- Application fee - $161.50
- Permit fee per bin - $104
- Annual renewal fee - $111.50, plus permit fee per bin
How to apply
Follow these steps to apply online:
- Register or log in using registration details
- Apply for a permit
- Select permit type
- Confirmation - Accept terms and conditions of use
- Summary - Attach any required documents
- Payment - Securely pay by credit card
Alternatively, you can submit a complete Clothing Recycling Bin Application form (PDF 105 KB) and supporting documents via email, post or in person. If your application is approved, the fee (if applicable) must be paid before the permit can be issued.
For advice, contact the City Permits team on 03 9209 6216.
If the application assessment determines it is appropriate to issue a permit, you must pay the permit fee before the permit is issued.
A card payment fee applies.