- Stage one - applications open20 Sep 2021Competition opens at 9 am AEST.
- Stage one - applications close18 Oct 2021Competition closes at 5 pm AEST.
- Stage one - applications assessed19 Oct 2021Application assessment will run from 19 October to 29 October 2021
- Stage one - winners announced1 Nov 2021
- Stage two - applications open1 Nov 2021Competition opens at 9 am AEST.
- Stage two - applications close29 Nov 2021Competition closes at 5 pm AEST.
- Stage two - applications assessed30 Nov 2021Application assessment will run from 30 November to 10 December 2021
- Stage two - winners announced13 Dec 2021Winners will be announced during the week of 13 December 2021
Why are we doing this?
The City of Port Phillip Activation Design Competition is an initiative to explore and recontextualise use of the City’s public spaces. Its purpose is to improve the look and feel of existing public space through projects that increase/engage pedestrian foot traffic and increase economic activity in our neighbourhoods.
As we begin to open up after lockdown, we are inviting talented designers, artists and creatives to re-imagine our public spaces to reflect the vibrancy and creativity of our City's residents. This will give a boost to our local economy by increasing foot traffic in local areas.
These installations will provide an opportunity for local designers and artists to make creative use of public space to that inspires a sense of place and provokes interest among residents and visitors in our City.
Competition winners and their designs will be promoted through the City of Port Phillip’s communications channels, including a dedicated media release, social media posts and inclusion in the Divercity e-Newsletter.
The winning applicants will be required to work closely with the City of Port Phillip.
- Bay Street, Port Melbourne
- Clarendon Street, South Melbourne
- Carlisle Street, Balaclava
- Ormond Road, Elwood
- Glen Eira Road, Ripponlea
- Blessington Street, St Kilda
- Armstrong Street, Middle Park
- Fitzroy Street, St Kilda
- Victoria Avenue or Bridport Street, Albert Park
For full details of the competition, download the guidelines.
Applications for stage one are now closed and we are no longer accepting entries.