Why are we doing this?
In late 2018, we sought your feedback on a draft concept plan for a new playground at JL Murphy Reserve. This project was put on hold while the sports pavilion was being constructed.
We have been working on finalising the design based on the feedback received as well as taking into consideration the design of the new pavilion and existing trees.
Once the pavilion construction was completed, we were ready to start works on the new playground, as well as driveway access in front of the pavilion and other landscape works, to connect the pavilion and playground to the surrounding reserve.
Works began in July and continued until early December 2020. All areas of JL Murphy Reserve are now open to the public.
These works aim to improve access to the park and pavilion area, achieve landscaping and park integration and provide a new playground and recreation facilities.
- Two large play structures, one junior and one senior, to cater for children of all ages and abilities
- Three new swing units including a large 360-degree basket swing
- Musical elements and nature play activities
Half sized basketball or netball court.
Landscaping and park integration
- Seating, bins and bike hoops
- Upgrade of the exiting BBQ space
- Over 50 new trees and garden beds
- New paths and lighting
- Turfed mounds to re-use soil stockpiled from the pavilion works
- New driveway and four parking bays, two accessible, to service the park and pavilion area
- Tree planting and a raingarden