About the project
Through the Domain Precinct Masterplan engagement process, we received community feedback about:
- a lack of short-term parking spaces
- limited tree coverage in the area.
In response, we’ve been working to identify opportunities to address these concerns. Options include:
- reclaiming roadway and underutilised spaces
- reducing hard surfaces.
The additional parking spaces shown in the photograph of Bank Street will also offset some of the spaces lost as part of Anzac Station works and will support other priority projects identified in the Domain Precinct Masterplan.
This includes the Park Street Streetscape Improvement Project, which will be out for community consultation from 15 November 2021, including on Council’s Have Your Say webpage.
Follow this link to find out more about our Domain Precinct Masterplan.
What we're doing
Our work to upgrade parking on Bank Street includes:
- the addition of 30 parking spaces by converting the existing 60° angle parking bays to 90° angle bays
- positioning of the new parking spaces to allow for future street tree planting.
Work on the parking spaces, including new line markings and signage, will commence from Monday 29 November 2021 (weather dependent), and is expected to be completed in two weeks.
Future tree planting on Bank Street will deliver on our commitment to create a greener, cooler more liveable City through our Greening Port Phillip Strategy.