Parks, Playgrounds & Trees
St Vincent Gardens
St Vincent’s Gardens is boarded by St Vincent’s Place, St Vincent’s Place North and South and Ferrars Street with Montague Street dividing the East and West sections. Access gates are located on each corner section.
Google Map - St Vincents Gardens
Trams – Tram number 1 ( East Coburg - South Melbourne Beach ) directly passes the gardens on Montague Street. The light rail number 96 ( East Brunswick - St Kilda Beach) is a short walk from the South Melbourne Market / Coventry street stop.
Bus – The 606 ( Fisherman’s Bend – Elsternwick) bus route travels along Richardson Street Albert Park.
Parking – Free parking is available around the perimeter of the gardens. Check local signage for more information or call ASSIST on (03) 9209 6777.
Download the Travel Smart Map of Port Phillip. Melways Reference 57F3
Facilities & Features
- Picnic tables
- Bench seats
- Walking paths
- Drinking fountain
- Gardens beds
- Mature shade trees
- Bowling club and tennis club located on site.
- St Vincent’s gardens is a heritage listed garden
The Albert Park Bowling club is located in the West section of the park and is open year round, for additional information visit the Albert Park Bowls Club website.
The Albert Park Lawn Tennis club has two courts located in Eastern section of St Vincents Gardens, for more information visit the Albert Park Lawn Tennis Club website.
Dogs are not permitted off leash, penalties apply. Parking restrictions may apply in the surrounding roads and streets, please check the parking signs for full details or call ASSIST on (03) 9209 6777 for specific parking information.
St Vincent Gardens is of national significance for its English style design around surrounding crescents. Designed by Clement Hodgkinson in 1868 the garden reflects the Georgian era. Tree plantings are arranged in symmetrical patterns with themed plantings throughout the gardens timescale, four of which are registered with the National Trust.
A lawn bowls club was established in 1873, a tennis club in 1883 on the site of an earlier croquet lawn. Two memorials rest within the gardens, a Returned Services League (RSL) memorial built in 1923-1925 and a memorial rest house in the memory of Dr Frederick Miller Johnson killed in WW1, sits to the north of the bowling green built in 1916.
Contact Park ServicesTelephone : (03) 9209 6777
Email : email@example.com
Mail : Parks Services, City of Port Phillip, Private Bag No. 3, St Kilda PO VIC 3182
If you prefer use eServices to ask us a question, request information or give us feedback online.