Community Centres & Venues for Hire
South Melbourne Community Centre
Where is it?
Corner Park Street and Ferrars Place, South Melbourne.
Entry to the building on Ferrars Place
Telephone: (03) 9209 6349
Melways map reference 2K/B4
- South Melbourne Beach tram no. 1 Park Street stop (25 metres)
- St Kilda light rail no. 96. Albert Park or South Melbourne stop (200 metres)
- St Kilda / South Melbourne Beach tram no. 12. Stops 131, 132 on Albert Road (200 metres)
There is plenty of street parking in Ferrars Place. The Centre is accessible with disabled parking out front of Ferrars Place entrance.
A modern well equipped activity centre located in South Melbourne close to Emerald Hill, the South Melbourne Market, Clarendon Street shops, Albert Park and public transport. The centre is shared by a number of different groups and is also available for individual use or drop-in.
- A large hall with a stage and a large dining room / multi purpose room is complemented by a number of smaller spaces that can be used for a wide range of activities.
- A well groomed Trugo lawn is attached to the building.