Good Governance Guide
Produced by the Good Governance Advisory Group, the Good Governance Guide (April 2004) aims to assist local governments and their communities to further develop good governance principles and procedures.
The Good Governance Advisory Group includes representatives from:
- The Municipal Association of Victoria
- The Victorian Local Governance Association
- LGPro (Local Government Professionals)
- The Local Government and Regional Services Division of the Department for Victorian Communities
- Councillors and officers from Victorian local governments
The Good Governance Guide features a comprehensive overview of good governance concepts and provides examples and case studies that illustrate approaches for the effective implementation of good governance practices in the local government sector. It does not propose a 'one size fits all' approach to good governance, but is intended as a tool for local governments such as the City of Port Phillip to adapt to their own needs.
The Guide is available on-line Good Governance Guide 2004 (5.48MB).
An abridged version, with no imagery to reduce file size and download time, is also available Good Governance Guide 2004 (abridged) (471 KB).